disable_rightclick

Sunday, May 3, 2015


Yellow Flowers with Egg and Lime , 6" x 6", oil

“Daffodowndilly

She wore her yellow sun-bonnet,
She wore her greenest gown;
She turned to the south wind
And curtsied up and down.

She turned to the sunlight
And shook her yellow head,
And whispered to her neighbor:
"Winter is dead.” 

― A.A. Milne, When We Were Very Young

"Yellow Flowers with Egg and Lime" was my reaction to the first signs of springtime. When I saw the verdant tendrils of spring peaking at me through my window, I knew it was time to change my pallet. Giving it an "extreme make-over", I swapped out the dark hues for my brightest colors. My composition kind of emerged by itself. When I was done, I put my brushes down immediately as to not lose the freshness of the image I had just created. 

No comments:

Post a Comment